Sunday, October 01, 2006

Secret Pal 9 questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'll knit with just about anything, but I've got an affinity towards wool and other natural fibers. I'm new enough to the hobby that I'm still experimenting with all sorts of things.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I don't have a system for needle storage yet. There are needles all over the place around here.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned in March. I think I'm progressing into intermediate territory or at least adventurous beginner. Still haven't done much with lace despite a few attempts.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon List

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I like citrusy scents and fruit scents over flowery stuff. Vanilla is a favorite too.


6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Of course. I love dark chocolate.


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I've crocheted since college, my mom is trying to get me into scrapbooking right now too. I don't spin but I'm not adverse to learning.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music, not a huge fan of country or rap.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm big on blues, greens and reds, there really aren't any colors that I despise.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live alone with two cats, Lily and Gromit.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes, yes, yes, and no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
socks, dishclothes, bags

13. What are you knitting right now?
On the needles I have a couple scarves, a couple socks, a dishcloth, and a bag with my first sweater hopefully not too far off.


14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
absolutely

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I started on straights, but I'm really prefering circulars now, still using mostly bamboo, but I've used aluminum, addis, and plastic. I would love to try the new knitpicks needles too.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a winder, no swift.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
my oldest UFO is from March.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Probably Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
amusement park memorabillia (especially postcards, magnets, and christmas ornaments), I also collect Marvin the Martian stuff

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm not subscribed to any of the magazines. Not sure what patterns are out there, nothing that I'm dying to get my hands on though.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to attempt colorwork and lace (not at the same time)

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
yes, I'm a women's US 8 1/2

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
6/11

1 Comments:

Blogger Pennie said...

Just surfing blogs today :) and knitting of course, I used to live in Clawson/Troy for 18 years now I'm in Illinois. Nice yarn stores in Rocherster and Birmingham :))

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home