Wednesday, August 16, 2006

More Instant Gratification

Three finished objects in this post, but I really am slowing down on the instant gratification bend. I've got a cabled scarf started now that's distracting me in simple complication from all the instant gratification stuff I could still work on. Not that I won't get sidetracked again, but I'm content with that project for now and have a few larger scale objects waiting in the wings and a few other things waiting to be finished up.

First up, a split rib scarf out of a bulky wool/mohair blend on my size 15's. Not the softest thing ever, but it'll be warm. Was a quick instant gratification knit, and will make a nice Christmas gift, probably for either my dad or my brother.

My mom has been trying forever to get me to make her doll clothes. She collects a zillion of them, and I finally caved. Don't tell her, but it's actually fun designing and making things at that scale. More instant gratification knitting and a great way to use leftover sock yarn and some of that old small-guage estate sale/yard stale stash I still have lying around from my crochet stash. I'm envisioning a little wardrobe chest with little hangers with all sorts of little hand knit outfits hanging up as a gift. So, I had her bring me a doll to basically use as a dressform. Poor DJ is supposed to be a boy doll, but he has the same body mold as the girl dolls she wants clothes for, and the first things I made were a girly sweater and a little sundress. I will make the poor boy a boyish sweater and maybe a little hat and scarf eventually.

I've been scatterebrained on upcoming projects. So much I want to knit, so much I want to finish. I frogged that brown cotton tank I started earlier this summer and there really isn't anything else summer-ish on the needles right now, so I'm looking ahead to all the fun knitting for fall and winter. I've got plans for 3 sweaters, and yarn for several more, plus socks and scarves and hats and dishclothes and baby clothes and doll clothes.

While I've been stash-diving and playing and planning, I've made a bit of a mess... Gromit doesn't seem to mind the yarn intrusion on his sleeping spots, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger jeannie said...

Oh, my, gosh! Gromit is SO beautiful! I bet he's great company. Does he sit on your lap when you knit like my cats do?
Congrats on the Lace.I'm about to pick up Cosy again.
Happy knitting!
Jeannie
jeannieshandsatwork.blogspot.com

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home