Monday, July 24, 2006

Finished Object: Ribbon not x-back

Finished Object: Ribbon not X-back
Yarn: Moda Dea ticker tape

My first finished garment! Yay. And it proves that I still have a lot to learn. I'm tempted to rip back and make it about 3 or 4 inches longer in the body, but I'm just so happy to be done with it right now. It does fit, but it's stretchy enough that the places where it stretches take up some of the length from the bottom so it comes in a little short. I'm hoping some blocking will help stretch it but it's hard to say with the 100% nylon yarn if it will actually do much of anything. I like how the top fits, so I may just opt to rip out the cast on edge and add the length from there instead if I decide to do that. I have plenty of the yarn still.

Other than the obvious modification of not crossing the straps, My biggest mod was to go down in needle size from the 11 it called for to a 10. The ticker tape is quite stretchy and the whole thing would have come out huge on the other needles. The fit is decent other than the length, and that's fixable. I'm just so phsyched to finally have it done! I don't know what was taking me so long to finish, once I sat down and did it it barely took an afternoon to split for the front and back and do all the finishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home