Friday, June 23, 2006

Jaywalking

As if two finished pair of socks in a little over a week weren't enough evidence, I present yet another sock in progress.

This is the start of my very own Jaywalkers made from TwoWaters Fairgrounds colorway of handyed merino. being the coaster geek that I am, I couldn't pass up a yarn colorway that was inspired by the Puyallup Fair.

I'm liking the way the varrigation is sort of striping inside the chevrons and for such loud yarn, the short bursts of color are making for a busy but more subtle sock that I think I'm really going to enjoy. They're still loud, but not the loud I expected to see and definitely not as loud as they would be if the colors pooled or flashed. It will be interesting to see if that all changes in the foot.

My friend Rachel and I are going on a little yarn crawl in Lansing tomorrow, so I should at least have some new spoils to share while I'm hanging out in my knit-sock-obsessed world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home