Saturday, June 24, 2006

Yarn Crawl Spoils

Rachel and I headed up to Lansing for a few hours of quality spending time. We spent a good amount of time and money at ThreadBear and also stopped into Rae's Yarn Boutique. both were lovely stores, ThreadBear was a little overwhelming just because I haven't been in a sizable LYS yet, and this one was huge. Rae's was tiny and cramped for space, but still had a great selection of stuff.

So, what'd I buy?

Sock yarn. Some Opal handpainted in greens, some Socks That Rock in colorway Alina, Lorna's Laces in Daffodil, Amber Sock Yarn Hand Dyed colorway called Daulia (the orange/yellow/pink stuff) and the Orange is a cotton acrylic that was in the clearance bins.






Noro - Color 178. Enough for a Booga Bag. Lily wants to know why mom is stacking the yarn in the window.

Also hidden behind the Noro, enough Cascade 220 to do a blue Swatch and Block bag. And 3 skeins of heathered lavendar wool from Bartlett Yarns that I haven't decided on a project for yet.


And finally, this skein of red laceweight that is super soft, most likely Japanese and the shop had it labeled "Lacy Lamb", and the copper colored hand dyed 50% wool 50% silk laceweight that I couldn't keep my hands off of and had to take with me regardless of the price. These will each be used for a lacey shawl of some sort or another.

I also picked up a set of Britney Birch dpns and an Addi circ to play with. So much for getting any cleaning done this weekend, I'm off to play with some new toys.

1 Comments:

Blogger op said...

I am dying to know what all that beautiful yarn cost you? It is such a variation, texture and colors, you are set for ......a week??? LOL! I cannot talk, I have two rooms packed out to move, who knew I coould stash that much fiber and yarn?
~~~Page

http://www.gypsy-wheels-a-spinnin.blogspot.com
www.dreamspinnersco-op.com

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home