Friday, April 14, 2006

More!

I keep adding more to the mix.

After a couple weeks of searching, I finally found out where my Local Yarn Store (LYS) is here in Jackson and my coworker and I took a trip there at lunch time yesterday. The Dropped Stitch has short hours that coincide with my work day, but it's nice to know that if I need something, there's a local source that I can stop by in a pinch. Otherwise the only retailers in the area for yarn stuff and needles and notions are the big-box stores. It's not a huge store, but I found a book that helped me piece together a pattern for the mohair stole, and I picked up some yarn. 2 skeins of a peach and green self-striping wool that I'm thinking will be good for a purse or bag of some sort, possibly felted. It depends on how much it stripes, it may just end up as a scarf. I also got a skein of Regia wool/cotton blend sock yarn in self-striping blues, greens and yellows.

So, instead of getting some actual work done yesterday afternoon, I pieced together this:

and instead of working on the projects I've already got going, I cast on and did the first 4 rows of the chart with the mohair. I'm working it on size 10 1/2 needles, and the pattern will be worked over 83 stitches, so I've got a good stole width, I'm just hoping that the 6 skeins of the yarn that I have (I won the bid for 3 more yesterday) will be enough to give it some length. I'll figure that out once I've gotten through the first skein and can figure out what my approximate length will be. Plus, it's lace so it should stretch some once I block it. Gotta get to that point first though, so lots more knitting ahead.

So, now that I have at least 4 projects on the needles, I think I'm just going to be content knitting away for a while, and not focus so much on finding something new to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home