Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Third time's a charm

Blogger has been eating my posts today. Ugh.

I spent some money on ebay the last few weeks, and I've been playing with some new toys. First, I got a ball winder. Who knew it would be so addictive?

I've been winding yarn balls all week and slowly going through and analyzing my stash in the process. Not that that's stopped me from adding to it.

This arrived yesterday. It's gorgeous. Another ebay purchace. 3-skeins, 320 yards of white mohair, a silver nylon cotton, and a pink/lilac thread wound together to make this beautiful shimmery soft yarn. Love it. Once I got a good look at it in person, I think it's going to match my bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding in July. Since that is strapless and the person selling this yarn has another batch of the same yarn listed right now, I'm thinking I'll snatch that up and the 640 yards should be enough for a pretty lacy stole or wrap of some sort to be used when I'm freezing in the air conditioning at the reception. It's going to take a little planning on my part, as everything I've read says that mohair doesn't lend itself to frogging very well, but I hope to have something planned soon.

As far as the needles are concerned, I've got a good start on the ribbon tank, I slipped it off the needles last night and made sure it would fit around my body and it does, so I'll keep going. I'm definitely getting the hang of seed stitch now and can see the stitch definition better, my previous attempt ended up converting itself to a 1x1 ribbing after a few rows. I've also cast on that first sock, finally. It only took 4 tries in good lighting with a lot of concentration to get through the first row without dropping a stitch. I'm sure I'll get used to the tiny needles eventually though.

Those two projects plus starting the stole/wrap thing should be plenty to keep me busy for a while, and I'll definitely have stuff to knit in the car for the long drive back from Atlanta in a couple weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home