Monday, April 03, 2006

And this...


Is what the sophie bag looked like drying over the bathtub after it's adventures in the washing machine last night.

Looks like a Finished object to me.

Pattern: Sophie Bag by MagKnits
Yarn: 1 ball of Pattons Classic Wool in Leaf Green
Needles: Size 10 1/2 DPNs

Love it love it love it. I'll admit that I was really worried when I put a week's worth of work into the washing machine to deliberately shrink it. I contemplated finding ways to make the non-felted version of the bag work before rationalizing that this has worked for a zillion knitters before me, it's a cool magic trick and the bag will come out the other side of the process better than ever.

The washing machine didn't disappoint, and I went from being exhausted when I got home last night, to giddy that it had worked and I had something great to show for my efforts. So much so, that I really wanted to cast on another one with the other ball of yarn I have in the same color.

Maybe I am cut out for this sock thing after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home