Monday, February 26, 2007

Obsess much?


In case you haven't noticed, I'm on a bit of a sock kick right now. It's been all socks all the time so far this year (except for that one scarf, it might have been a fluke). Lots of Sock-related KAL's over in that sidebar.

So, naturally, I finished another pair this weekend. The speed socks are done. These were zippy fast. I cast on last Friday and cast off yesterday a few hours before the Oscars. Simple stockinette socks with a Lana Grossa self striping yarn in gray and blues and greens.

I'd intended to cast on my first toe-up pair last night during the ceremony, but static electricity thwarted my yarn winding efforts and I spent the entire ceremony untangling the mess.

However, now I have a gorgeous skein of Sundara's sock yarn (in Denim over Purple) all ready to go and be cast on tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

*Love* the colors!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Beth, you sound frighteningly speedy and we're in the same Sock Madness group! More weirdly, we'll both be in Ca on the Saturday it kicks off! I'll be in San Diego and you presumably up closer to LA. We'll both be knitting on the go!

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home