Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Still Camera-less

My camera is still residing at my parents house. I may dig out my old digicam if I get desperate, but for the time being I'm just stuck referencing old photos. So, a little bit of randomness today.

If I did have my camera, you could ooh and ahh over an almost complete first jaywalker out of my kool-aid dyed yarn. And my almost complete second blue and khaki sock. (I'd show you photos of the yarn and the first sock again, but blogger is being a pain today). I'm also half-finished with the first Manresa legwarmer.

But, since I can't post photos of the stuff I'm working on, I'll point your attention to the new KALs I've joined over ----> there.

Project Spectrum 2.0 looks like it'll be a lot of fun, and it was fun reading all the stuff going on with the first version. I like the non-structured nature of Lolly's KALs in general anyways and color direction is just vague enough to work for me.

Soctopia is a little more directed, but I'm hoping to up my sock production this year anyways, and a pair of socks a month directed towards a theme or three isn't such a bad thing.

Holiday Headstart is a good place to keep the holidays in focus through out the year and hopefully have a second year of successful holiday knits that are finished on time or early.

The one I haven't added a link to yet is Lime & Violet's Sock Marathon. I haven't done the math yet to figure out just how many miles of sock yarn I have in my stash and I obviously can't post a photo right now, but it's another way to stay focused on finishing some socks and making a dent in the stash this year.

The other random thing I have to share has to do with my friend Craig. He has a little too much free time on his hands and not nearly enough creative outlets. So, as a revenge prank to get his friend back for stealing the baby jesus out of his holiday display, he turned his friend's front lawn from this into this. It even got a write up in the local paper. If you can't read the sign in that second photo, the paper mis-quoted it. It says "Jeff's Slightly Used X-mas Trees". I think that one will go down in the history books. I'm still shaking my head and laughing every time I think about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Yeah for Jaywalkers! I just signed up for the Socktopia too - thanks for posting about it!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great prank! The trees actually look pretty good, did they have any takers? Hope you are having a wonderful day and I am looking forward to seeing the kool-aid socks.

SP9

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home