Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Feast or Famine

So, yeah... I'm a bit of a procrastinator. But, I've got a ton of stuff to talk about now.

The trip to Cali was a blast. We spent a day park hopping at Disney, we spent 3 hours at Magic Mountain, Mike seemed to have a good birthday and we had a great visit. And I knit.


This is Spammy in his new sweater that I made while visiting. Mike is aware of the boyfriend curse, but that doesn't stop him from requesting knitwear for Spammy. And for some reason I obliged. Cute though, isn't it?

I also knit mom's second sock primarilly on the flight there and back with a little heel turning time in front of the TV while I was there. I finished the toe last night. I love how they came out, and it's purely a coincidence that the striping matched. I didn't want to bother trying to match them and figured they'd come out fraternal, but apparently my ideal spot to start the cast on was in the same place with both socks, so they match almost perfectly. I love happy accidents like that. These have been travelling socks, the bulk of the first one was done on the trip to Denver over Labor day and the second one was mostly knit on this last trip to California.

I also finished a couple dishclothes, no photos. I tried the Garterlac cloth which was fiddly but fun and I'm sure I'll do a couple more in that pattern before Christmas. The first one was in pastels and is one of the two for my aunt from my mom. She has now also requested crocheted towel toppers.

And finally, that scarf I finished before I left. This matches dad's Christmas present perfectly so it's going to him. Not bad for a handful of alpaca scraps bought off ebay for cheap.

Oh, and the rainbow brite story... On my flight home I was seated next to by far the most colorful person I've ever met. Head to toe rainbow. Airbrushed suit with her portrait on the back surrounded by rainbow colors, a matching fedora, big fake tinsel-like eyelashes in rainbow colors, her hair under the hat - rainbow dyed, big fingernails that curled in rainbow colors and a rainbow colored feather boa. I'm kicking myself for not sneaking a photo. The kicker though... while making small talk (I was knitting on mom's socks) I made the offhand stupid comment of "but she probably won't wear them out of the house much, they're a little loud".

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Damn girl, you knit great and I LOVE the candy corn shadow knitting! That so rocks! Thanks for the onion line, it tickels me to no end.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home