Saturday, November 11, 2006

Finished Objects: 2 down, a zillion to go

I've finished two of the purses on that big ol list from last week.

Sophie Bag
Patterns: Sophie Bag with a felted flower pattern for embelishment
Yarns: A navy/purple heathered Cascade 220 with some green Pattons wool for the leaves and some purple Cascade quatro for the flower.

I finished knitting this one the other day, felted it Friday night, and after two conversations with my mom (which added another few do before Christmas knits to my list... note to self, no more talking to mom about knitting) added the flower to the bag. She saw photos of it and assured me it didn't look to kiddish for Aunt Betty. Instead told me how insanely jealous of it my grandmother would be unless I make her one too. So that's one of the new obligations. She's also requsted some knit dishclothes for another aunt as a commissioned gift from her.

I love how it came out though and I love how simple the Sophie pattern is. The bag part of this one took an afternoon, and really finishing the handle didn't take much more than that, even if I put it off (ugh, i-cord). And i knit and felted the flower this afternoon in a couple hours over lunch.

Cousin Bag
Pattern: Cast on 100 stitches, knit in the round for as long as I felt like it. Decreased for a few rounds until there were a handful of stitches left and cinched for the bottom.
Yarn: Cascade Quatro in mostly turquoise hues with a hint of taupe.

The turqoise bowl/hat shaped bag has handles now. the closure thing I'd envisioned didn't really look right, so I think I'm just going to leave it simple. I like how it came out, although like my mom said, now it's all about the flower, so I'm debating further embellishments. I'll probably leave it plain though just because I still have lots to knit on in the next couple months and I'm not positive how this one will be recieved by my cousin, so I don't want to invest too much more time in it. I've got a zillion other things to finish for Christmas so I need to just move on.

In addition, I've made a ton of progress on the alpaca striped scarf this week. It's been the simple garter stitch project I reach for when I'm sitting in front of the computer and I'm getting low on yarn, so it should be done tomorrow, it'll get it's own post once it's done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Love the bag! I am busy knitting Christmas gifts this week. I made a felted buttonhole bag for my sister in law. Also very easy - but with cute results!

-Jody

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home