Tuesday, December 12, 2006

4 more FOs for Christmas


There's nothing like knitting small projects to give a sense of accomplishment. This week I made another doll-sized raglan sweater in baby blue, a lavender smocked party dress with a picot hem, a Nativity dishcloth and I might have snuck in a selfish knit and made myself a pair of fetching fingerless gloves too.

Not quite as many finished doll clothes this week because I went shopping on Sunday, but I do have half of a peach-colored raglan started and I picked up enough koigu for a pair of socks and maybe a doll item or two while I was out shopping in Lansing. I might have also gotten two skeins of malabrigo in a cool green colorway called "lettuce". Actually, I walked out of Threadbear with exactly what I'd hoped to get there. and didn't spend a small fortune this time.

The trunk in the photo was the result of three of the ladies working at Toy Village scrambling all over the store to find any and all armoire and trunk options in every price range for the size doll I'm fitting. It was a little crazy but they were helpful and we found an affordable option that will work perfectly. Although the clothes are already filling it up.

I decided last week to jump on the fetching bandwagon and ordered two skeins of the recommended yarn (soooo soft) and decided that when it came in, I'd allow myself to drop all other projects and make the fingerless mitts for me before continuing on. So, I picked up the needles while I was shopping and had 1 1/2 of them finished last night, and finished the second one tonight. I had mere scraps left over. I twisted the cables the same way on both, so maybe with the other ball of yarn I'll make two more that twist the other way and have two matching pair. They will be great to have at work where I'm always cold.

And the dishcloth. I may have decided that after making a bazillion dishclothes for my brother and his wife, that my mom is going to want dishclothes too. So, I made the nativity one, and I may also make 4 other fruit clothes (grapes, cherries, pear and apple) and another garterlac to match her kitchen. If I don't finish them, her birthday is always in January.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home