Friday, December 29, 2006

On this the eve...

Christmas is tomorrow! Christmas is tomorrow! Well, for my family it is anyway. My brother and his wife made it to my parents place earlier this week, my boyfriend is flying in for a series of major surprise appearances this weekend and we will have our family Christmas tomorrow.

The doll clothes are finished, I don't have photos of the last 3 sweaters and hats, I was so excited to be done that I put the case in the gift bag before I could fiddle with it any more. I'll get lots of photos tomorrow as they and the rest of the handknits are gifted.

So, with my knitting pallete essentially clean aside from a couple of socks, I started pulling together what I want to work on next while I was cleaning up a little. I have no less than 8 new projects sitting and waiting for me to pick one and run with it... Colorwork and cables abound too. I think this may mark my unofficial and very quiet participation point in the Knit from your Stash in 2007 club too. I might even use the vigor of the new year to undergo a massive stash organization and figure out just what all I have in there (seriously, it's taking over an entire room in my apartment).

But, for now, here are the projects I'm letting stare me down.
  • Two skeins of lettuce green malabrigo is currently assigned to become a Cabled hat and an Irish Hiking Scarf.
  • A skein of soft pink Calmer is destined for Shedir.
  • I have a bunch of Diakeito Diamusee set aside to become a Short Row Ribbed Scarf. I probably have enough of this yarn to also make a matching hat and/or mittens, but the scarf will come first.
  • My kool-aid colored sock yarn is going to be Jaywalkers.
  • I also have some Knitpicks Andean Treasure in the same colors as shown on the pattern to make Manresa. I plan to reverse the colors though with the embers as the main and fog as the contrast.
  • Some Knitpicks Palette in sky blue and cream for Anemoi.
  • And some Knitpicks Essential in burgundy and brown for the Endpaper Mitts.
I'll let you know what I decided to cast on when I post again next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home